For anyone interested in living a more sustainable and healthier life, the DC Green Festival is not to be missed. Now in its 10th year at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, the Green Festival is America’s largest and longest-running sustainability and green living event. We were a proud sponsor of this year’s launch party and can’t wait until the festival at the end of May.
The DC Green Festival will offer a little something for everyone–from food, fashion, and health to energy, construction, and design. Attendees will enjoy vegan and vegetarian cooking demos, educational activities for kids and families, panels featuring inspirational speakers, and live music and entertainment.
One of our favorite parts of the Green Festival is the unique marketplace of more than 250 eco-friendly businesses – everything from all-natural body care products and organic clothing to Fair Trade gifts, beautiful home renovations made from renewable resources, plus vegan and vegetarian offerings based on organic, non-GMO or local, artisanal foods. Our fabulous client, Karmalades, will be there too, showcasing all-natural, eco-luxe cleaning products–so stop by and say hello.
Green Festival is committed to:
- Showcasing the best and latest green products and services in the market
- Making ‘green’ practical, viable and accessible to everyone by promoting sustainability in everyday life choices and actions
- Providing the ultimate marketplace for green brands and consumers who want to integrate sustainability into their lives
- Striving to be a zero-waste marketplace where consumers can be assured that companies are committed to environmental sustainability
- Representing a diverse, sustainable community that is socially and environmentally responsible
- Encouraging companies to adopt green and fair trade principles through Green America’s certification process
- Supporting vegan-vegetarian diet alternatives focused on organic, non- GMO and local artisanal foods as part of a healthy and sustainable lifestyle
- Serving as a launching pad for Corporate Social Responsibility efforts and consumer programs in sustainability
The festival runs from May 31 to June 1. Tickets are available online, and early bird tickets are available online at 50% off until April 15th.